Ross likes a digital thing, Sam likes a physical thing. Turns out, both things are about community!
Sam's P.O. Box:
Sam and Ross Like Things
c/o Sam Davies
PO Box 25914
Richmond, VA 23260-5914
On this episode, an early productivity book and a special-treat pair of headphones.
- Wings & Rick and Morty — Episode 38
- The Peedmont
- _How to Win Friends and Influence People_
- Six-day bicycle race
- Grado SR60e headphones
- Marco Arment's Portable, Closed Headphones Mega-Review
- Koyaanisqatsi (Compete Original Soundtrack)
- Reason number six trillion why Susan Howson is my favorite person.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: The Complete Collection
A special, special thanks to Matt Fisher who made this episode sound less like poop.
MyBirth is a doula-owned business that supports women and families throughout the child-bearing year and beyond. Located in Scott’s Addition, they offer doula services, prenatal yoga, childbirth and breastfeeding education, and more. You can learn more at MyBirthrva.com.
- RES. 2016-R092 (PDF)
- Mayor Stoney's initial draft of the Education Compact (PDF)
- Green Lantern Emotional Spectrum
- Movies that make me feel terrible & Riding my bike — Episode 28
- The Hillman Group Powdered Graphite Lubricant
- GTD Podcast Episode #3 - David Allen Guides You Through a Mind Sweep
- Ross's Buff
Sam likes a classic 90s album, and Ross likes playing the game!
- Omnifocus — Episode 30
- Bamboo & Pokémon GO walks with my family — Episode 26
- Two People #28 — Barbara Given
- My remarks to the Virginia House of Delegates Constitutional Subcommittee in favor of redistricting reform (as prepared)
- 6,500 kids singing "Birdhouse" in Your Soul_
- Sasha dances to "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)" on Bunheads
- 1984 Kids Incorporated Theme Song
- Whatever Happened to Pizza at McDonald's
- Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father
- How to use the GRTC bike rack video
- My Dad Wrote a Porno
- EXCLUSIVE: Keanu Reeves Dishes on 'Bill & Ted 3,' Says It's Going to Be 'Bodacious' and 'Excellent'
- Egg nog recipe
- Thoughts on egg nog / food safety
- Hellboy Library Edition
Ross likes feeling bad, and Sam loves his two-wheeled steed.
- My Dad Wrote a Porno
- The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
- We Need to Talk About Kevin
- Funny Games
- August: Osage County
- The Pianist
- Spring Breakers
- Under the Skin
- Bryan Park
- Little House Green Grocery
- Breakaway RVA
- Anthem Moonlight Ride
- Redistricting Nerds
- The Hamilton Mixtape
Sam has some library tips and tricks, and Ross automates his life with a nerdy app.
This episode is sponsored by
Stuff other people like
- Kat: Blankets, because I haven't gotten to use them all summer
- Jenny Fisher: Outlander. Book/tv
- Daniel Warshaw : Marriage; today is my twelfth anniversary with @valerietwarshaw :-)
- Jeff Mueller: Pumpkin spice. Pumpkin farms. Pumpkin beer. Hay rides. Homemade pancakes.
- Jason Inofuentes: October baseball
- shd: Good Morning, RVA longreads with their wide variety of topics. How does Ross find/select them?
- Matt Fisher: Listening to The Misfits and Boris Pickett non-stop from 10/1 til Halloween day.
- Robert Sterling: Single serve instant coffee by Café Bustelo
- Chad Ingold: Portugal. The man
- Joe Foster: The new Danny Brown record (which Chad says has a song with Portugal. The man)
- Andy Hunter: Taking pictures with a real camera
- Sarah SeoYun Choi: Lattes, succulents, book shopping at Chop Suey Books
- Valerie Catrow: When people admit that they are wrong, GIFs of Winston Bishop, my Black n' Red notebook
- Kamen Gordon: Postseason baseball
- Robert Martin: Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me, fern bars, Amy Schumer
- Brandon Wolf: This clown trend
- Chris Wolf: Turtles
- Matthew Freeman: A hurricane named after me, and this gloomy weather
- Andrea Almond: Orange Kittens
- Phil Williams: Jalapeño margaritas
- Charles Merritt: Kroger Clicklist
- Ashley Ray: home-grown tomatoes and pickled corn
- Johnny Hugel, Jorge Salgado, Chad Brown, Kevin Clay, Lisa Simms, Jenny Fisher, and Ashley Ray: IT Crowd, Luke Cage, and Gilmore Girls on Netflix; Atlanta on FX; Designated Survivor on FOX; Outlander on STARZ, and High Maintenance on HBO.
On this episode, Sam tells us all about Marvel's first real superhero comic and Ross...likes whispering?
Stuff other people like!
- Josh Lamm — Audio books narrated by old British men.
- Max Hepp-Buchanan — Real bagels. Nate's Bagels have been on my mind for the past month. They are good.
- Richard Hayes — Peter Chang's Noodles & Dumplings
- Braxton Tindantle — Soft puppy ears.
- Prabir Mehta — Going to efffffffing bambooooooo!!!!! And Talking about Aladdin!!!!!!
- Katie Jonesy — I do have a passion for the relaxing British pond filter videos I watch on YouTube. It's time to watch them again, and I could talk about it for days.
- Valerie a Catrow — Semi-colons
- The Incredibles
- Recommendation: Fraction series. Fantastic Four/FF bundle visit Velocity Comics on Broad Street or on Comixology on Amazon
- Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response: is a euphoric experience characterized by a static-like or tingling sensation on the skin that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine, precipitating relaxation.
- YouTube channels Ross may or may not subscribe to: fastASMR, SoftAnnaPL, TheWaterwhispers
This week Ross likes to putter in the garden, while Sam recommends a YA novel about privacy rights.
- Star Trek & Yard beers — Episode 22
- _Stranger Things_
- Stranger Things Soundtrack
- If You Like...Stranger Things playlist
Stuff other people like
- Kat — walking barefoot on a freshly steam-cleaned floor
- Jeff Green — Turtles
- Andrew Hunter — Star Wars: Rebels, Mr. Robot, stroopwafels
- Star Wars: Kanan comic
- Robert Sterling — Great Lakes Unflavored Beef Gelatin
- Chad Ingold — Twitter
- Larry Kruger — Board games
- Valerie Catrow — Rhea Butcher, making poop jokes with her kid, and her job
- Christine Ring — Babies laughing at farts
- Wikipedia: Fart
- Hayley DeRoche — The Lizard People podcast
- Molly Szkotak Hugel — Instagram stories, Kindle Paperwhite, _The Underground Railroad_ by Colson Whitehead
- Kindle paper white SARLT episode
- Phil Williams — "the new Carly Rae Jepsen jawn," the Cybertronic Spree
- Suzanne Hall — Watermelon, All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Jason Inofuentes — Split-flap signs
- 30th street station Philadelphia
- Kevin Pious — Cortados, beer with watermelon in it
- Watermelon wheat
- Chairman Brando — Chill Bill, not driving a 21-year-old car
- pastense — The new Regina Spektor single